Thursday 27 January 2011

The Bay...

I have been trying to scrap photos each week - mostly to get my albums up to date & because I enjoy it so much.  Mind you, this helps using the great sketch Maria has on her blog each week.  This week is no exception as we have been provided with yet another sketch to use.

In my scrapbooking, I tend to try & focus on my photos, therefore leaving my pages somewhat clean & fresh.  This page is no exception.  I have concentrated on the ocean & the trees in the background, so I went with Tempting Turquoise & Old Olive Cardstock as my main
colours.  I teamed it with DSP - Island Oasis to tie all the colours together.  The photos I mounted onto Early Expresso Cardstock, as in the photo Amber is wearing a chocolate coloured t-shirt which you can just see.

I typed the journalling & stamped the palm tree image onto Whisper White Carstock, cut around it & adhered to the journalling.  This was then adhered to a piece of Early Expresso Cardstock.  I again stamped the flower image onto Whisper White Cardstock in Tempting Turquoise while the frond  was stamped using Old Olive.  Both were cut & adhered to the page.  The Pumpkin Pie flower was cut from the DSP & adhered to the page using SU Dimensionals.

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Tropical Party
Inks - Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive
Cardstock - Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Whisper White, Early Expresso
DSP - Island Oasis
Accessories - SU Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

Until next time, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Maria said...

love your take on the sketch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...