Saturday 16 July 2011

Crimping...

I created this card a couple of weeks ago but didn't get round to posting it.  I remember seeing this card ages ago & it has always stuck in my mind.  It has been CASEd from another SU Demonstrator, whose names slips my mind as her details were not on the card.  Once I find out, I will give her the much credit she deserves as it is a beautiful creation.  I changed mine using the colours of Concord Crush & Not Quiet Navy.

It is such a long long time since I last used my Crimper.  A technique long past revisiting.

After sealing my envelope, I cut it about 1 1/2" or 4cm from top - shorter side.  Ink your image using Concord Crush Ink & stamp image onto bottom part of envelope.  Stamp 2nd image again using Concrush Crush Ink & randomly stamp around the edges of your card - top & bottom.  For the top, I also stamped off a couple of times, just to give it another look.

I sponged around the edges of both top & bottom using my SU Sponge & Concord Crush Ink.  Are you sick of Concord Crush yet?????  I wrapped Satin Ribbon - Not Quiet Navy around the top part of the envelope & tied a bow off centre at the front.

These instructions sound very familiar that I could have sworn that I had posted this, but after searching my blog high & low, no result!  So on with the story....

Placing the bottom half of the card into the Crimper sideways, I proceeded to put it through the Crimper.
I stamped my greeting onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock in Not Quiet Navy - yep, I've changed colours......  Punched the greeting out using my Large Oval Punch, sponged around the edges with Not Quiet Navy, adhered to card with a SU Dimensional & placed a small Pearl in the center of the greeting, as well as a larger Pearl to the centre of the Medallion Stamp.

For the inside, I cut a piece of Concord Crush Cardstock - 4 1/2" x 4" or 11.5cm x 10cm.  I cut another piece using Whisper White Cardstock - 4 3/8" x 3 7/8" or 11cm x 9.5cm.  I stamped my image using Not Quiet Navy Ink, sponged the edges in the same colour & adhered to the Concord Crush Cardstock.  I placed a couple of small Pearls to the centre of the flowers.

All in all a really lovely creative card using a techinque which has been around for yonks, but not seen that much now.  It is still one of my favourites & probably always will be.  Note to self - start using Crimper more often!

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Medallion, Just Believe, Oval All
Cardstock - Whisper White, Concord Crush
Ink - Not Quiet Navy, Concord Crush
Punches - Large Oval
Ribbon - Satin - Not Quiet Navy
Accessories - Crimper, SU Envelope, Snail Adhesive, Basic Pearls, SU Sponge, SU Dimensionals


Until next time, Enjoy!

2 comments:

Juliette Chapman said...

Ooh Vicky this is gorgeous. I was lucky to receive a card like this last year but I have not as yet made one. You have used colours I love and two of my favorite stamp sets. Just love it.

Anonymous said...

This is just so pretty. Love the colours, love the stamps and love these crimped cards. Stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...