Tuesday 10 January 2012

Sydney Trip....

I've decided that one my main goals this year is to scrap 150 pages.....  I know, it does sound like a heap of pages, but I think with a bit of determination & planning it is achieveable.  When you break it down it is about 2 a week, maybe 3 some weeks, so I should be able to reach it!!!!

Anyhow, on with Scrappy Saturday which is not happening on a Saturday.....  Will have to fix that this week! 

I took my layout for this sketch from a past mini-catalogue - see they are still good for lots of ideas once they promotion has finished.  I've also created a sketch for you to have a try.

I decided to pick up the little bit of red in the photo - you can just see it in the dress & the light above Bonnie's head.  The rest of the layout, I kept it with the colours in the photo - black & white.

I printed the little bit of journalling onto Whisper White Cardstock, printed it out & run it through the Bigshot with the Embossing Folder - Framed Tulips.  Now this folder I was not too keen on before I used it, so it has sat in my box since my purchasing it.  I have completely changed my mind now & you will be seeing a lot more of this folder!!!!

 After printing my photo, I kept a small white border before matting it onto Real Red Textured Cardstock.  I stamped my image direct onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Basic Black Ink.  This image was meant to be embossed, but completed forgot about it until I finished the layout.  Oh well, next time hey.

 I adhered both pieces of Whisper White - stamped image & the journalling piece onto the Real Red Cardstock, cut a small piece of DSP, tore the edges & adhered between the 2 pieces of Whisper White.

I adhered the Ribbon down the middle, tucked the ends under, tied a knot & adhered to Basic Black Textured Cardstock.

I stamped 5 small flowers using the Flower Punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, 2 in Whisper White, 3 in DSP.  These were randomly adhered to the page & Pearls adhered to the middle, as well as to the stamped images.

Another easy layout for you to try.

Tip -
Don't be afraid to tear your DSP for cards or scrapbooking.  It gives such a lovely look to your creation
Use your retired DSP for your scrapbook pages


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Just Believe
Ink - Basic Black
Cardstock - Whisper White, Real Red Textured, Basic Black Textured
DSP - Retired
Embossing Folder - Framed Tulips
Ribbon - 3/8" Taffeta - Basic Black
Punches - Itty Bitty Shapes
Accessories - 2-Way Glue, Snail Adhesive, Pearls
Non-SU - Black Pearls

Until next time, Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...