Monday 6 February 2012

MC 94...

I am in the middle of creating a couple of cards for my cousin, but as usual got a bit side tracked.  Sometimes it is good to be do this, or so I tell myself, as it refreshes your mind.

I went in search of a challenge & thought I would have a go at the one over at A La Carte Monkey, one which I've never done before.  Anyhow, this week it is all about Birthdays.  We can never have enough Birthday Cards in our stash!

Measurements -
Base Card - Whisper White - 11 3/4" x 4 1/4" or 30cm x 10.5cn - Scored in the middle & folded in half
Layer 1 - Night of Navy - 5 3/4" x 4" or 14.5cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - DSP - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" or 14cm x 9.5cm
Layer 3 - Night of Navy - 4 1/2" x 3 1/2" or 11.5cm x 9cm
Layer 4 - Whisper White - 4 3/8" x 3 3/8" or 11cm x 8.5cm

Envelope & Inside...
Using Staz-On Ink, I stamped my image 3 times onto the piece of Whisper White Cardstock.  I wanted to fill the white space while at the same time, keep the white space, if that makes any sense.

Grabbing my Blender Pen & SU! Marker - Poppy Parade, I coloured parts of the sails, along with a small part of the boat.  I drew a couple of birds with my Stampin' Write Journaler.

I adhered this piece to the smaller piece of Night of Navy, then to the DSP & finally to the larger piece of Night of Navy with Snail Adhesive.  I adhered a piece of Ribbon down the Left Hand Side of the card, tied a knot & adhered the whole lot to the Base Card, again with Snail Adhesive.

My greeting was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White using the Night of Navy SU! Marker and cut into the shape of a flag.  I threaded a piece of Linen Thread through a button prior to adhering to the banner & finally to the card.


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Seaworthy, Under the Big Top
Ink - Staz-On
Cardstock - Whisper White, Night of Navy
DSP - Poppy Parade
Ribbon - 1/4" Grosgrain - Night of Navy, Linen Thread
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Blender Pen, Stampin' Write Journaler
Non-SU - Button 

Until next time, Happy Stampin'

7 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Fantastic, Vicky! I have never seen anyone stamp the yacht 3x on a card! Fab idea! Hugs xxx

Terry said...

I love this card. It feels breezy. I can see sending this to so many different people in my life. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for taking part in our A La Card Monkey challenge.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!!! The colors you've used here are perfect for a masculine card! Thanks for playing with the Monkey challenge this week!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hi Vicky!!

I am so glad that you tried out our Challenge blog at A La Card Monkey this week!! I really love your card makes me think of days out with my Husband at some boat shows that we have been at, with all the boats in the water... Beautiful!

Hugs
Shirley
If you would like another challenge I am doing a Valentine Blog Hop, this is the last week. It ends on Sunday, come by my blog and check it out.

None None said...

Wow - what a fabulous coloring job! I love the decoration on the inside and on the envelope as well.

jessica said...

What a beautiful card!! I so want to be on that boat right now :) Great take on the sketch!
TFS and playing along with us over at A La Card Monkey
jessica~GDT

Karen said...

I love this more masculine card! Wonderful job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...