Friday 9 March 2012

Loads of Love....

... is a Stamp Set I have not used much, in fact very rarely has it been out of it's case.  Thinking about what to create for my class at the Community Centre this arvo, thought this ight be appropriate.  I like to give the ladies Kits that they can use for either male or female cards.  Mind you, this doesn't work sometimes, but they don't seem to mind.

Our class has seen an increase in the last 2 weeks from 10 regulars to about 16 now & growing, so I have been thinking how the class can be managed now that I will have 16+ regulars each week & I think it has just hit me, but more about that next week.

Using this stamp set, I didn't want to make a male's card, so thought why not a girl's card & use all the pretty colours fro the "Subtles Family".  I'm quiet happy with the final result & screams "Girly".

Measurements -
Inside Card....
Base Card - Pretty in Pink - 11 5/8" x 4 1/8" or 29.5cm x 10.5cm - scored in the middle & folded in half
Layer 1 - Rose Red - 5 1/2" x 3 7/8" or 14cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - Whisper White - 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" or 9cm x 4cm
Layer 3 - Pretty in Pink - 4" x 2 5/8" or 10.5cm x 6.5cm
Layer 4 - Whisper White - 3 7/8" x 2 1/2" or 10cm x 6cm

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Loads of Love, So Happy for You (Retired)
Ink - Rose Red, Certainly Celery
Cardstock - Whisper white, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink
Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots
Accessories - Tombow Glue, Flowers, SU Markers - Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Blender Pen, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Brads - Rose Red, Re-Inker - Pretty in Pink, Bigshot, Crimper

Method -
Colour the larger Flower with Pretty in Pink Re-Inker & set aside to dry.  Do this by adding a small amount of water into a bowl along with a small drop or so of Pretty in Pink Re-Inker, drop flower in until all covered in coloured water.  I wanted my flower a very light colour so I only used a small drop
Run the piece of Rose Red Cardstock through the Crimper - longways & adhere to Base Card - Pretty in Pink with Tombow Glue
Run the small piece of Whisper White Cardstock through the Bigshot using Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots & adhere to card with Tombow Glue
Stamp images direct onto Whisper White Cardstock with Rose Red Ink
Colour image using Blender Pen, SU Markers - Pretty in Pink, Rose Red & Certainly Celery
Adhere to piece of Pretty in Pink Cardstock & then to Base Card with Snail Adhesive
Attach Flowers together with Brad & adhere to card with Stampn' Dimensional
Stamp senitment onto Whisper White with Certainly Celery Ink sideways


After completing this card in these colours, I think I will be making a coupl emore in "girly" colours - gives a whole fresh look to the stamp set!

Until next time, enjoy!

1 comment:

Kris McIntosh said...

Vicky this is quite stunning. This cute little truck is quite at home on a girly card. I love that you have used subtle colours. Just gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...