Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Array of Sunshine...

I've had this set for a long time, but I am ashamed to say that it has not seen a lot of ink!  I have never been too sure if I liked it or, but after using it on today's card, I have to admit that I love it!  I've found that it is the perfect set for layering.

The layout is the one we completed at our class at the Community Centre last Friday.  Included in the class was distressing & sponging.
Inside of Card...
Measurements -
Base Card - Very Vanilla - 8 1/4" x 5 7/8" or 21cm x 15cm - Scored in middled & folded in half
Layer 1 - Basic Black - 4" x 5 3/4" or 9.5cm x 14.5cm
Layer 2 - DSP - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" or 9cm x 14cm
Layer 3 - Basic Black - 4" x 3" or 10.5cm x 7.5cm
Layer 4 - DSP - 3 7/8" x 2 7/8" or 10cm x 7cm

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Array of Sunshine (Hostess Set)
Ink - More Mustard, Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Basic Black
DSP - First Edition Speciality
Punches - Scallop Trim Border
Ribbon - Crochet Trim Chantilly
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge, Antique Brads, Cutter Kit, Mini Glue Dots
NON-SU - Pearls

The Base Card - Very Vanilla was punched along the bottom using the Scallop Trim Border Punch.

I stamped the large flower image 3 times onto scrap Very Vanilla Cardstock, 3 in Elegant Eggplant  & 3 in More Mustard.  I cut around each image, so that I had 3 different layers for all 6 images.  The cut out pieces were then layered using Stampin' Dimensionals & set aside.  The leaf was stamped onto scrap Very Vanilla Cardstock using Always Artichoke Ink, cut out & set aside.

I distressed all edges of both pieces of DSP using my Distressing Tool from the Cutter Kit & then sponged around the edges with Stampin' Up! Sponge & More Mustard Ink.

The large piece of DSP was adhered to the large piece of Basic Black Cardstock, while the smaller piece of DSP was adhered to the smaller piece of Basic Black Cardstock, then to the top of the large piece of DSP, Crochet Trim adhered across the centre, ends tucked under & finally to the Base Card with Snail Adhesive.

A large leaf was stamped direct onto the DSP with Always Artichoke Ink, images adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The cut out leaf was tucked under the Crochet Trim.

An Antique Brad was applied to the bow prior to adhering to the card with a Mini Glue Dot.  3 Pearls were applied to the top of the card & 3 to the bottom of the card.  I applied a Pearl to the centre of each flower which had been found in my stash of Pearls.  The fitted perfectly to the centre shape of the flowers.

I've left the card blank, but there is room for a sentiment/greeting to be added once I decide what I am going to use it for.


Until next time, Happy Stampin'

2 comments:

Craftystamper said...

A wonderful card Vicky. You put a lot of thought and work into it.

Kris McIntosh said...

I love the way you have used the dsp behind the stamped and hand cut images. Really pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...