Wednesday 8 December 2010

Here for You...

Today's card is for a Sketch Challenge from Clean and Simple Stamping  Now with this sketch, I did think a little about it, while at the same time wanting to use the DSP - Sweet & Sour Speciality from SU®.  If you haven't used this paper, you should, as it is so lovely to work with, not to mention the gloss on one side.

After wiping Shimmer Paint onto my Very Vanilla Cardstock with a plastic bag & allowing to dry, I punched a 1 1/4" circle & lightly adhered to the cardstock.  I then proceeded to sponge/daub Pumpkin Pie Pastel over the top.  Once satisfied with the chalk, I wiped my Embossing Buddy over the top, stamped my image with Versamark & Basic Black and stamped directly over the sponged area. I then heat set it using my Heat Tool.

Using Shimmer Paint gives the background a very rich look, don't you think?

As you can see, I have really gone against the grain & used Basic Black Cardstock with the DSP.  I think it gives it a really striking finish.  Not only that, I love Blacks & Oranges together, much like Pinks & Blacks.

Close-Up -
Supplies -
Stamp Set - Friends 24-7
Ink - Basic Black, Versamark
Cardstock - Basic Black, Very Vanilla
DSP - Sweet & Sour Speciality
Punches - 1 1/4" Circle, Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Extra-Large Oval
Accessories - Shimmer Paint, Grosgrain Ribbon - Pumpkin Pie, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Pretties Kit, Sponge, Heat Tool, Stamping' Pastels, Embossing Buddy, Paper Daisies


Until next time, Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...