Saturday 11 December 2010

Tropical Summer...

I made this card a couple of weeks ago & suddenly realised I hadn't posted it.

I've done a bit of a different fold for this card.  Still using your standard size card, I folded the top half of the card in half again.

I've used the "Island Oasis" DSP from the latest Mini-Catalogue & adhered DSP down the RHS, while ashering the opposite side of the DSP down the LHS.  All SU® DSP is double-sided, which means you receive twice as much DSP.

Using Whisper White on Rose Red Cardstock, I adhered it to the top half of the folded back section of the card.

I then stamped the images in Old Olive onto the Whisper White.  Using scraps of Whisper White, I stamped the flower in Rose Red, while the coconut was stamped in Chocolate Chip.  The umbrella was coloured in using my Watercolour Pencils.

I cut both the flower & coconut out & using Stampin' Dimensionals, adhered to the card.  I then stamped the greeting in Rose Red.

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Tropical Party, Short & Sweet
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Rose Red
Cardstock - Whisper White, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise
DSP - Island Oasis*
Accessories - Snail Glue, Stampin' Dimensional, Watercolour Pencils

* Summer Mini-Catalogue

If any of the instructions do not make sense, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Until next time, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this card Vicky. You are certainly making this stampset and DSP more like something I have to have. Gorgeous card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...