Friday 21 January 2011

Circles, Circles...

...and more circles.

When I saw this challenge, I knew that I wanted to create a male card by using Circle Circus.  Then to top it off, I found some DSP that would match perfectly with the stamp set & sketch.  I will admit I am very happy with the way it turned out.  Got to love it when that happens!

Base Card - Baja Breeze Cardstock - Cut, score & fold
Layer 1 - Very Vanilla Cardstock - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" or 14cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - DSP - 2 1/2" x 3 7/8" or 6,5cm x 10cm

Stamp sentiment bottom RHS of Very Vanilla Cardstock in Soft Suede Ink.  With my Bigshot, Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots & the bottom half of Very Vanilla Cardstock, I run the Cardstock through the Bigshot.  I then asdhered the DSP to the top half of Very Vanilla and adhered to the base card.

Again with the Bigshot, I cut an oval in Soft Suede Cardstock using the Ovals Dies.  I also cut a smaller one in Very Vanilla.  I grabbed my stamp set, Soft Suede and Baja Breeze Inks and the Very Vanilla Oval and proceeded to stamp.  I adhered this oval to the Soft Suede Oval & then adhered to the card base.

All in all a very easy card, but none the less a very nice one!

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Circle Circus, Sincere Salutations
Inks - Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
DSP - Elegant Soiree - Love this DSP
Bigshot Dies - Ovals
Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Bigshot

Until next time, Enjoy!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is certainly a very masculine card. Love the way it has come together. Wish I had Circle Circus - just another to add to the wish list. Thanks for sharing.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this is a great guy card - great color palette and just enough dressing it up! So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...