Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy Birthday Ashly...

I've done something a little different for today.  Still making a card, I decided to make this from a card I had stashed away from my pre-SU® days.  I've also seen a few around on different blogs.

This is for my niece who has her birthday in about a week's time.  They have just been allocated a new house for a couple of months while their house is being fixed.  They were evacuated from the floods in Emerald.  The girls thought it a big adventure as they got to ride in a boat as well as a helicopter.

I've actually only used 1 x 6" x 6" piece of DSP for the purse, while the flap is a piece of DSP -  4 1/2" x 2".

For the greeting, I printed it on the printer, then cut it out using the Word Window Punch.  The font colour is actually Pumpkin Pie.  I've been playing with font colours on my pc and have managed to save a couple of font colours under SU's colour family.

The flower I used my Stampin' Pastels & adhered the button in the middle.  The button is from my sewing box!  I also added a flower to the inside.

The small pocket for your gift card or in my case "money" is made from a piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, scored around 3 sides  adhere to the inside.

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Nil
Ink - Nil
Cardstock - Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
DSP - Sweet & Sour Speciality
Punches - Word Window Large, Modern Label Extra Large, 3/16" Corner Small
Ribbon - 1/4" Grosgrain - Pumpkin Pie
Accessories - Snail Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

Until next time, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Vicky. What little girl doesn't love a handbag, especially one as pretty as this. I'm glad that your family survived the floods safe and sound.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...