Sunday 12 June 2011

An Old Favourite...

It has been some time since I've used one of my favourite stamps - 5th Avenue Floral.  With some stamps, it doesn't seem to matter how you use them you are guaranteed that your card will always come up "roses" - so to speak.

I've never attempted a "Step Card" before & as usual I didn't go by any instructions to make mine, although there are heaps of instructions & tutorials out in blog land for you to follow.  I also made mine to fit our standard envelope in Australia.  As I really enjoyed making this type of card, I don't think it will be my last.

Cut A4 Cardstock - Bashful Blue - 11 3/4" x 4 1/4" or 29.5cm x 15cm
Back section of card for your greeting or note...
Score & fold from bottom along the longer side at 1", 2", 4", 6" & 10 1/4" or 2.5cm, 5cm, 10cm, 15cm & 26cm
Cut Bashful Blue Cardstock 5 7/8" x 4 1/4" or 15cm x 10.5cm
Adhere to back section of card - will give you a section for your card to fold out & stand
Cut 2 pieces of Wild Wasabi Cardstock - 5 3/4" x 4" or 14.5cm x 10cm & adhere 1 piece to the above section of card
Cut 2 pieces of Whisper White Cardstock 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" x 14cm x 9.5cm - stamp image onto 1 piece of card & adhere to Wild Wasabi
This section is the part you are able to write your greeting onto ie the inside of a normal card

Back Section -
I randomly stamped my images onto the 2nd piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue & Crumb Cake Inks.  After dying my Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon with Crumb Cake Re-Inker & allowing to dry, I adhered this across the top half of the Whisper White Cardstock, adhered to Wild Wasabi & then to the Base Card.  I tied a bow & adhered this to the card too.

Middle Section -
I stamped the wording using Crumb Cake Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock, cut it out & adhered to Wild Wasabi, which was then adhered to the middle section.  I allowed a little bit of the wording sit above the fold, instead of flat against the card.  I made 2 flowers using retired Felt Flowers, small white flower which I dyed using Bashful Blue Re-Inker & a Silver Brad.  These were attached to the centre section of the card.

Front Section -
I cut a small piece of Wild Wasabi Cardstock & adhered to the Bashful Blue.  Using the Scallop Oval Punch & Crumb Cake Cardstock, I punched a piece of Whisper White which I had stamped the sentiment using Wild Wasabi Ink, & adhered to the Scallop punched piece.  I used the Large Oval Punch for the Whisper White.  I again dyed 3 small white flowers using the Bashful Blue Re-Inker, applied a silver brad in each & adhered to the card.

I've used a couple of retired products making this card, but they are able to be substituted for current products.  The flowers come from a big box of misc flowers - pre-SU - I have & dye from time to time so that I am able to use them up.

Supplies -
Stamp Set - 5th Avenue Floral, Oval All
Inks - Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
Re-Inkers - Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake
Cardstock - Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue
Punches - Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Ribbon - 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon - Whisper White
Accessories - Multipurpose Glue, Silver Brads, Felt Flowers - Old Olive
Non-SU - Small White Flowers

Until next time, Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...