Friday 19 August 2011

Something...

Inside...
... which started out being created first & then by the card which was posted yesterday.  I wanted them to match in with each other, but not use the same DSP, if this makes sense!

I've created both the card & Notebook for a birthday, so hopefully she won't come onto my blog until later on in the week or even Saturday.  It is for one of the ladies who attends Craft Creations at the Community Centre in Caloundra.

Once I had worked out my measurements & score lines, this was quiet a easy project to put together. 

Measurements -
Inside -
Base Layer - Pear Pizzazz - 2 7/8" x 2" - Score at 1 1/4" & 1 1/2"
Layer 1 - DSP - 2 3/4" x 1 3/4"

Outside -
Folder - Pumpkin Pie - 8" W x 7 7/8" H - Scored at 2 1/4", 2 1/2", 5 1/2" & 5 3/4"
Layer 1 - DSP - 2 x pieces - 7 3/4" x 2 1/8", 1 x piece - 7 3/4" x 2 7/8"

Inside -
I adhered the DSP over the Pear Pizzazz & stuck it to the top of the notebook, ensuring that part of the cardstock went over onto the back. 

Using Inks of Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze & Pear Pizzazz, I randomly stamped images on all pages of the notebook, just to give it a finished look & to tie it altogether.  The stamped images were stamped off once so that Naomi is still able to write over the top of them.


Close Up...
 Outside -
After scoring the folder, I adhered the pieces of DSP to the top of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, leaving a small edge showing all around the folder.  I tied a piece of Pear Pizzaz Ribbon right around the LHS of the folder & tied a Bow-Tie towards the top of the card & off centre.  I typed "Naomi" onto a pice of Whisper White Cardstock, stamped part of images onto the Whisper White & adhered to a piece of DSP using SU Dimensionals.  The piece of DSP had been punched using Scallop Oval Punch.  

To hold it together I will use a velcro dot of which I will have to purchase prior to wrapping.


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Friends Never Fade
Ink - Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock - Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz
Punches - Scallop Oval Punch
Ribbon - 1/2" Stitched-Poly - Pear Pizzazz
Accessories -  Snail Glue, SU Dimensionals
Non-SU - Velcro Dots


Until next time, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the card and the matching notepad folder is just gorgeous. Naomi is a lucky girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...