Sunday 11 September 2011

SC 007/11...

Sunny Challenges & Creations new sketch for this week is up & running!

For some reason I had a really hard time creating a card for the sketch set by Gwen It looked easy enough, but boy, was I dead wrong!  Thanks Gwen!  This sketch is just perfect for Punch Art!

Anyhow, this week we have to go by the sketch, along with NO STAMPS!!!!!  The only stamp we can use is for the sentiment.

Prior to SU, I hated stamps - didn't know how to use them & couldn't understand why everyone raved about them - this would have been dead easy, but since SU - they make everything so easy - it turned into a nightmare.  I changed my mind about 3 times & that was in the middle of all cards. 

I am not exactly happy with what I have done & the photos are not the best, but it is sort of growing on me.  If I get time during the week, I am going to have another go at exactly the same card, except change a couple of small things.

Anyhow, enough of my whinging & on with the card -

Base Card - Wisteria Wonder - 5 7/8" x 4 1/4" or 15cm x 10.5cm - once scored & folded in half
Layer 1 - Whisper White - 5 3/4" x 4" or 14.5cm x 10cm

Card Inside...

I stamped my sentiment direct onto Whisper White Cardstock using Wisteria Wonder Ink.  I have to get used to the new "IN Colours", which are absolutely gorgeous by the way.

Using my Bone Scorer & Ruler, I scored the card diagonally at 1" intervals, turned the card & repeated in the opposite direction.

Close-Up...

I punched 3 circles in Calypso Coral using my 3/4" Circle Punch & adhered to the Whisper White Cardstock as per the sketch. I punched 9 butterflies using the Butterfly Punch, 3 in Whisper White, 3 in Pool Party - a colour to die for & 3 in Vellum.  I love love playing with Vellum & using them on cards, but it seems forever since I last used any.  All 9 butterflies were put through the Bigshot using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.

I layered all butterflies together, ie Whisper White, Pool Party & then the Vellum on top of each other & applied a large Basic Pearl to the centre.  They were attached over the top of the Calypso Coral circles using SU Dimensionals.

To finish my card, I randomly applied different size Pearls to the centre of the score lines.


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Sincere Salutations
Ink - Wistera Wonder
Cardstock - Whisper White, Wistera Wonder, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Vellum
Punches - 3/4" Circle, Butterfly
Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots
Accessories - SU Dimensionals, Basic Jewels - Pearls, Bone Scorer, Snail Adhesive, Bigshot

Now why not have a bit of fun yourself & have a go at the challenge.  Hop on over to Sunny Challenges & Creations, make your card & link it back with Mr Linky.  While there, have a look at what Gwen & Kris have created this week

Until next time, Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...