Sunday 30 October 2011

SC 014/11...

Where does the time go - the weeks just seem to fly by & before we know it - another week, another new challenge.  Yep, Sunny Challenges & Creations has a new sketch, so head on over to check it & the other entries.

This week, the sketch has been set by Kris & of course, the 2nd part of the challenge is to use the colours of - Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise & Daffodil Delight.  I will admit that I had a hard time using Tempting Turquoise, so I played it safe & added just a touch.  I think I may have pulled it off!

Measurements -
Base Card - Whisper White - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" or 15cm x 21cm - scored & folded in half
Layer 1 - Melon Mambo - 5 1/2" x 2 1/4" or 14cm x 5.5cm
Layer 2 - Whisper White - 5 3/8" x 1 3/4" or 13.5cm x 4.45cm
Layer 3 - Daffodil Delight - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" or 6.5cm x 6.5cm
Layer 4 - Whisper White - 2 3/8" x 2 3/8" or 6cm x 6cm

With my Eyelet Border Punch, I punched along one long edge of Melon Mambo & adhered this to the Base Card using Snail Adhesive.  I stamped my sentiment onto the piece of Whisper White using Tempting Turquoise Ink prior to running it through the Bigshot with the Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots.


I adhered to 2 flowers together & punched 2 holes in the middle of the smallest with my Handheld 1/16" Circle Punch.  I threaded 2 pieces of Taffeta Ribbon threw both holes, adhered across the Embossed Whisper White, tucked ends under, tied a bow on top of the flowers & adhered to the piece of Melon Mambo.

I stamped my images onto the smaller piece of Whisper White using Melon Mambo Ink, run through the Bigshot, again using Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots & adhered to the piece of Daffodil Delight.  This piece was adhered to the Base Card using SU Dimensionals, as I wanted it to stand away from the card a little. 

I again adhered 2 different size flowers together & placed a Tempting Turquoise Brad in the middle & placed on the card with a SU Dimensional.

All in all a very simple card, but a clean & simple one (CAS). 

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Short & Sweet, Pocket Silhouettes
Ink - Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock - Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo
Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots
Punches - Eyelet Border, 1/16" Handheld Circle
Ribbon - 1/8" Taffeta - Daffodil Delight
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Tombow Glue, SU Dimensionals,
Brights Brads - Tempting Turquoise, Flowers



Now, head over to Sunny Challenges & Creations & check out what Kris & Gwen have created, go create your entry, come back & link to Mr Linky.  You could be the next Ray of Sunshine.

Until next time, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicky, this is gorgeous. The White helps to tone down the colour combo. It is a little bright! I love the addition of the paper flowers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...