Wednesday 19 October 2011

A Tissue, A Tissue...

...  I have seen these Tissue Boxes around the blog world & thought it about time I tired my hand at one. 

I created a basic template using Pretty in Pink Cardstock.  After glueing my pieces together, I cut 4 pieces of DSP slightly smaller than the actual box, so that I still had a small edge of coloured Cardstock showing around the edges & adhered to the sides of the box.  I then adhered the final edges together to form the box.

Using the Scallop Trim Border, I punched along one edge of a strip of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock & adhered to the bottom of the box.

I cut a round circle in the top of the lid with my Bigshot & Circles Die, cut & adhered to form the top & sponged around the top edge & circle with Pretty in Pink Ink & a sponge. 

I again punched a strip of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, punched along one side with the Scallop Trim Border Punch & adhered to along the bottom of the lid.  I adhered Brown ribbon over the top of the border going right around the lid.  I tied a double bow off to one side to finish the top off.

I adhered another piece of the same ribbon - a little narrower - around the middle of the box, cut 2 each of the same lace DSP, adhered them to the middle of the ribbon on all 4 sides using a Mini-Glue Dot & applied a Basic Pearl in the middle of each doiley.

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Nil
Ink - Pretty in Pink
Cardstock - Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie
DSP - Flirtatious Speciality
Punches - Scallop Trim Border
Dies - Circles # 2
Accessories - Sticky Strip, Mini-Glue Dots, Tombow Glue, Basic Pearl, Bigshot, Sponge
Non-SU - Ribbon


Until next time, Enjoy!

2 comments:

craftystamper said...

Great idea. I've been toying with doing the same thing, but with all the craft sales I've not had the time to design one. Congrats for making this beautiful tissue box cover. I'm sure your friend will absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...

I love this Vicky. You are very talented.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...