Sunday 16 October 2011

SC 012/11...

A new challenge is up & running over at Sunny Challenges & Creations

This week, it was my turn to set the challenge & with our challenges we don't just get the sketch, but a 2nd part too, that being Flowers, Flowers, Flowers.  How easy can it be!!!!  We all love making cards with flowers.  Let's face it - they are the easiest cards to make!

Now on with my card -

Base Card - Soft Suede - 8 1/4" x 5 7/8" or 21cm x 15cm - score @ 4 1/8" or 10.47cm & fold in half
Layer 1 - Pink Pirouette - 5 3/4" x 4" or 14.5cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - Very Vanilla - 5 5/8" x 4 1/8" or 14xm x 10.5cm
Layer 3 - Soft Suede - 4" x 1 1/4" or 10cm x 3cm
Layer 4 - DSP - 4" x 1 1/4" or 10cm x 3cm

Close Up of Embossing
Using my Embossing Buddy, I rubbed it over the piece of Very Vanilla, stamped my image onto Versamark & then Pink Pirouette Ink before stamping it onto the Very Vanilla Cardstock.  I poured Clear Embossing Powder over the image, tapped off excess & applied Dazzling Diamonds on top, tapped excess off & heat set with my Heat Tool.  You are not able to see the Dazzling Diamonds in the photo, but it does sparkle in real life. 

I cut this piece into 3 equal pieces & adhered to the piece of Pink Pirouette using my Snail Adhesive

I repeated the same technique for my senitment, except I used Soft Suede Ink.  This was stamped directly onto the piece of DSP.  I tore both sides of the DSP & adhered to the piece of Soft Suede Cardstock

Tip - When tearing DSP or Cardstock, ensure you tear it towards you.  This way you will get the torn section showing on your work 

Card Inside...

I adhered a piece of Ribbon along the bottom of the DSP, tied a bow, applied 3 Basic Pearls & adhered to the piece of Pink Pirouette Cardstock.

The Pink Pirouette Cardstock was then adhered to the Base Card - Soft Suede.

Wow, after reading this, it sort of come together really easy, but believe me, it took me a little longer to figure out what I was actually going to do for this sketch.

For my Inside, I again tore a piece of DSP, adhered to a piece of Soft Suede & then to Very Vanilla prior to adhering to inside of card.  I wanted a small piece of Very Vanilla showing at the bottom - see photo.  It broke the Soft Sude on Soft Suede.


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Elements of Style, So Happy for You
Ink - Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede, Versamark
Cardstock - Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
DSP - Beau Chateau
Ribbon - 5/8" Taffeta - Very Vanilla
Accessories - Basic Pearls, Snail Adhesive, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy,
Embossing Powder - Clear, Dazzling Diamonds


Why not hop over to Sunny Challenges & Creations & check out what Kris & Gwen have created, make your own creation, link back using Mr Linky. He would dearly love to walk you through the process of posting your creation.


Until next time, Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Vicky. So soft and pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...