Friday 23 March 2012

Happy Easter...

Envelope & Inside of Card...
We created an Easter Card today at the Caloundra Community Centre.  Always a relief to hear that the ladies loved it!  Along with the card, we included the Techniques of Scoring & Chalking, plus a little bit of punching & we have a really lovely Easter card!  Will be the first to admit it is not your normal traditional card, but I love the Cabuary's Purple & I built the card around that colour!!!!!

Measurements -
Base Card - Concord Crush - 11 3/4" x 4 1/8" or 29.5cm x 10.5cm - Scored in middle & folded in half
Layer 1 - Whisper White - 5 3/4" x 3 7/8" or 14cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - Melon Mambo - 5 5/8" x 3 3/4" or 13.5cm x 9.5cm
Layer 3 - Whisper White - 3 3/4" x 3" or 9.5cm x 8cm
Layer 4 - Concord Crush - 3" x 2" or 8cm x 5cm
Layer 5 - Whisper White - 2 7/8" x 1 7/8" or 7.5cm x 4.5cm

I layered the piece of Melon Mambo to Whisper White & then to the Base Card using Snail Adhesive.

With the medium piece of Whisper White, I scored at /1/2" intervals diagonally & then diagonally the other using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool - out in the new Mini 1st April.  I then grabed a couple of SU! Sponges, my Stampin' Pastels & randomly chalked the whole area using 3 or 4 colours.  I added a little bit of Daffodil Delight to lift it a little & to bring the colours out.  I didn't really bother to fill all the white spaces, as I have left some here & there to give a little bit more of an effect!

I punched a border along both sides of the chalked piece with my Scallop Trim Border Punch.
I adhered a piece of Ribbon along the middle, tucked ends under, tied a knot & adhered to the Base Card with Snail Adhesive.

I stamped the Bunny image onto the smallest piece of Whisper White using Poppy Parade Ink & adhered to the piece of Concord Crush Cardstock.  This piece was adhered to the top of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I typed the greeting onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock, punched out with my Modern Label Punch.  I punched a 2nd piece in Concord Crush Cardstock & cut in 2.  I adhered this 2nd piece to the Whisper White so that just the ends of the Concord Crush were showing. 4 Pearls, 2 each end were adhered to the greeting.

I adhered 3 Pearls to the top LH corner of the image, 3 small Pearls along the bunny's neck while another was adhered tot the centre of the flower & adhered to her neck.  I punched this small flower using the Flower Punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Set in Melon Mambo Cardstock.


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Chocolate Bunny
Ink - Poppy Parade
Cardstock - Whisper White, Concord Crush, Melon Mambo
Ribbon - 1/2" Stitched-Poly - Concord Crush
Punches - Modern Label, Scallop Trim Border
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals,
Bone Folder, Pearls, Stampin' Pastels, SU! Sponges
I will be posting another card made using the same supplies, etc in a couple of days, except it is a different shape & it was created prior to this one.
Until next time, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kris McIntosh said...

This is really gorgeous Vicky. I love all the chalking and the way the colours have come together. The pearls are add a real touch of luxury. Beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...