The new weekly challenges begins today over at Sunny Challenges & Creations & it was my turn to create the challenge. This time round, along with the sketch, it is to use Ribbon on your layout. How easy can it get?
My card has been created for a friend of mine who is celebrating her birthday today. As she lives on acreage, I decided to go with colours that best represent the bush in Australia - Green, Gold & Brown. I've never used these colours together & really like the effect they have created.
On the spur of the moment, I decided to try & use a Stampin' Up! Wheel somehow in the design.
Base Card - Daffodil Delight - 8 1/4" x 4 1/8" or 21cm x 15cm - scored in the middle & folded in half
Layer 1 - DSP - 5 1/2" x 3 3/4" or 14cm x 9.5cm
Layer 2 - Old Olive - 4 1/2" x 1 5/8" or 11.5cm x 4cm
Layer 3 - Whisper White - 4 3/8" x 1 1/2" or 11cm x 3.5cm
Layer 4 - Old Olive - 3 1/8" x 2" or 8cm x 5cm
Layer 5 - Whisper White - 3" x 1 7/8" or 7.5cm 4.5cm
Stamp Sets - Field Flowers, Vintage Vogue, Sincere Salutations
DSP - Neutrals
Wheel - Very Vintage
Punches - Scallop Oval, Large Oval
Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots
Ribbon - 5/8" Satin - Old Olive
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Multipurpose Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, SU! Markers - Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Blender Pen, Bigshot, Pearls
Inking my Wheel, I ran it over the long piece of Whisper White Cardstock, ensuring that the image was up the correct way, which meant that I had to run the wheel across the Card 3/4 times, ensuring coverage was all over.
Grabbing my Blender Pen & a Stampin' Up! Marker - Daffodil Delight, I coloured the flower from the wheel. As I didn't want this part of the card to be the main focal point, I left it as is. This piece was then adhered to the longer piece of Old Olive Cadstock with Snail Adhesive.
Inking up the stem image with SU! Marker - Old Olive, I stamped it direct to the smaller piece of Whisper White Cardstock, run it through the Bigshot using the Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots, adhered it to the piece of Old Olive Cardstock using Snail Adhesive & finally to the piece of DSP ensuring I followed the sketch before adhering DSP with Multipurpose Glue.
I stamped 3 large flower images with Daffodil Delight onto Whisper White Cardstock & 3 using Soft Suede. These were cut out prior to attaching to the card with Snail Adhesive for the front flower & Stampin' Up! Dimensionals for the back 2 flowers. All 3 smaller flower images were adhered to the middle of the larger flowers with Snail Adhesive.
I run a piece of Satin Ribbon across the bottom part of the DSP, tucked ends under, tied a knot & adhered the whole lot to the Base Card - Daffodil Delight with Snail Adhesive.
The sentiment was stamped onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock in Old Olive Ink, punched using the Large Oval Punch, adhered to a piece of Daffodil Delight piece which had been punch with the Scallop Oval Punch & finally to the card with Snail Adhesive.
I popped 3 Pearls into the centre of each small flower to finish
Have a great day!