Tuesday 24 July 2012

Class....

Our card last Friday at Crafty Creations was to do the Technique - Basic Masking.  I choice to go with Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery & Pink Pirouette- not colours I would normally put together, but I am really loving the final result.  Mind you, when I started the card, I had no idea where I was going, only knowing that I wanted to use the stamps I had sitting on my desk.

Inside Card....
I am also finding myself going back to the softer colours which I think are sadly being neglected - by me anyhow!

Measurements -
Base Card - Chocolate Chip - 8 1/4" x 5 7/8" or 21cm x 15cm
Layer 1 - Certainly Celery - 5 3/8" x 3 5/8" or 14cm x 9.5cm
Layer 2 - DSP - 5 1/8" x 3 3/8" or 13cm x 8.5cm
Layer 3 - Pink Pirouette - 3" x 2" or 8cm x 5cm
Layer 4 - Certainly Celery - 3" x 2 3/8" or 7.5cm x 6cm
Layer 5 - Whisper White - 2 7/8" x 2 1/4" or 7cm x 5.5cm

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Summer Solstice, En Francis, Short & Sweet
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery
Cardstock - Whisper White, Chocoate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Glossy
DSP - Neutrals Designer Series Paper
Ribbon - 5/8" Satin - Certainly Celery
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Sponge, Dotto, Mni-Glue Dots

I adhered a piece of Ribbon across the middle of the DSP, tucked ends under, adhered to the piece of Certainly Celery & finally to the Base Card - Chocolate Chip, all with Snail Adhesive.
The piece of Pink Pirouette Cardstock was torn along the bottom, sponged across the tear & around the edges & adheredd over the top of the Ribbon using Snail Adhesive.

I stamped my flower image onto the piece of Whisper White Cardstock with Pink Pirouette Ink, stamped again onto a scrap piece of paper, cut it out & used this one piece for my Mask.  While the stamp was inked in Pink Pirouette, I again stamped onto a scrap piece of Glossy Cardstock, cut out & set aside.  This was by accident as I didn't realise it was glossy until I was cutting it out, but decided to leave it the way it was.

I stamped the leaf images around the flower & created 2 Masks for the leaves.

After applying Dotto to the back of my Masks, I adhered them over the matching images prior to inking my background stamp in Chocolate Chip, stamping off twice & then stamping onto the piece of Whisper White Cardstock & over the masked images.

This piece was adhered to the piece of Certainly Celery & finally to the Base Card.  I adhered the Glossy image to the top of the stamped image with Stampin' Dimensionals, added some Dazzling Diamonds to the middle with my 2-Way Glue Pen & popped a Rhinestone in the middle.

I tied a bow with the Ribbon & adhered to the card with a Mini Glue Dot.  The sentiment was stamped onto the bottom of the piece of Pink Pirouette in Chocolate Chip Ink.


Until next time, have a great day!


1 comment:

Kris McIntosh said...

How absolutely gorgeous. I love the softness of the card. The masking and stamping adds so much depth to the card and I love the glossy look to the flower. Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...