Sunday 26 August 2012

SC 055/12...

Today is Sunday & the start of the new challenge for the week over at Sunny Challenges & Creations.  We hope you will join us this week.

It was my turn to bring you the challenge & along with the sketch we have to use a Christmas Theme.  Seeing as though Christmas is just around the corner, this is the perfect time to make a start on your cards.

Measurements -
Base Card - Always Artichoke - 8 1/4" x 4 1/8" or 21cm x 10.5cm
Layer 1 - Cherry Cobbler - 4 7/8" x 5 5/8" or 14cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - Whisper White - 4 3/4" x 5 1/2" or 13.5cm x 9.5cm
Layer 3 - Cherry Cobbler - 1 1/2" x 4 3/4" or 3cm x 9.5cm
Layer 4 - Always Artichoke - 1 1/4" x 4 3/4" x 2cm x 9.5cm
Layer 5 - Cherry Cobbler - 5" x 2" or 5cm x 13cm
Layer 6 - Whisper White - 4 7/8" x 1 7/8" or 4.5cm x 12.5cm

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Tree Trimings, Short & Sweet
Ink - Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Punches - Word Window, Modern Label, Scallop Trim Border
Embossing Folders - Perfect Polka Dots, Elegant Lines
Accessories - Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

I embossed the large piece of Whisper White with the Perfect Polka Dots prior to adhering to the piece of Cherry Cobbler & then to the Base Card - Always Artichoke.

The smaller piece of Cherry Cobbler was punched along one long side with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, adhered to the embossed Whisper White with Snail Adhesive & the piece of Always Artichoke adhered to the top of the punched piece.

I embossed the longer piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Elegant Lines Embossing Folder (I must confess that this is not a folder I have used that much, but when I do, I can't understand why), adhered 2 pieces of Linen Thread to the back prior to adhering to the long piece of Cherry Cobbler & finally to the Base Card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped 2 of the images from Tree Trimmings with Cherry Cobbler onto a scrap of Whisper White, cut them out & adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I tied 2 bows from the Linen Thread & adhered them to the tops of the images.

The sentiment was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock, punched with the Word Window Punch, & adhered to a piece of Always Artichoke which had been punch with the Modern Label Punch.  The whole lot was then adhered to the card with Snail Adhesive & Stampin' Dimensionals.

I'm not usually one for the tradional Christmas Colours, but I picked colours that I don't usually play with.  I also opted to go for Whisper White rather than Very Vanilla & I think it gives the whole card a very modern, yet old look about it.  I also think the Linen Thread helps the feel of the card too!


Don't forget to pop on over to Sunny Challenges & Creations to check out what Kris, Gwen & Christine have created.  We hope you will be able to join us this week.

Until then, have a great week & Happy Stampin'

6 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Vicky, this is beautiful. I love the Elegant Lines embossing behind the popped-up ornaments; it makes for a really beautiful focal panel. I really like the colours you've used, too. Gorgeous Christmas card!

craftystamper said...

Beautiful card. Love the embossing behind the ornaments.

Kris McIntosh said...

Vicky this is such a beautiful Christmas card. The white space shows off the gorgeous colours in your decorations to perfection. I am such a lover of embossing folders and you have used two - gorgeous. I am going to miss that little stamp set and the greeting. Your attention to detail with the matching stamping on the envelope and the inside is just gorgeous. Looove it.

Vicki Fraser said...

Oh Vicky I love how the inside matches - I do this too, and it just polishes the card off nicely!

Vicki Fraser said...

Oh Vicky I love how the inside matches - I do this too, and it just polishes the card off nicely!

Kris McIntosh said...

Vicky, I really love your sample this week. It is so pretty. The colours are perfect for Christmas and I love the embossing on the image panel. So sad that this stamp set will be retired in just a couple of days. Vicky, your work is always gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...