I've wanted to create a card using this stamp set for some time, but wasn't really happy with where I was going until I come across a card from Anne Craig & decided to case it. I loved the whole look of & the fact she had coloured the flowers onto Very Vanilla Cardstock using her Aqua Painter. Mind you, when I saw it, I thought it looked simply stunning in Perfect Plum until I read on......
Base Card - Very Vanilla - 8 1/4" x 4 1/8" or 22cm x 15cm
Layer 1 - Perfect Plum - 5 5/8" x 4" or 14.5cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - Vey Vanilla - 5 1/2" x 3 7/8" or 14cm x 9.5cm
Layer 3 - Very Vanilla - 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" or 8cm x 6.5cm
Stamp Set - Bordering on Romance
Ink - Early Expresso
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum
Ribbon - 5/8 Crochet Trim - Victoria
Embossing Folders - Stripes, Finial Press (Retired)
Embosslits - Designer Frames
Accessories - Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesives, Pearls, Aqua Painter, Tombow Multi-Purpose Glue, Sponge, Smooch Spritz - Vanilla Shimmer
Prior to embossing my piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock, I applied Early Expresso Ink to both the Stripes & Finial Press Embossing Folders & lightly sprayed Vanilla Shimmer over the top. To emboss the Cardstock & to cut out a lot of mucking around, I embossed both folders at once & set aside.
I stamped the flower image onto the smaller piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock using Early Expresso Ink. I repeated this step onto a scrap piece of Very Vanilla, ensuring that I ended up with the main flower from the image stamped.
I coloured the image by first going around each section one at a time with my Aqua Painter so that I could spread the ink very lightly. While still wet, I then started to fill in section by section using my Aqua Painter & picking up a little ink at a time from the lid of the Early Expresso Ink. By doing it this way, I found that the ink spread a lot easier & the colour filled each section randomly.
Once completed & dry, I ran it through the Rectanglar Designer Frames with the Big Shot. I tore around the edge, sponged with Early Expresso Ink & Sponge, applied a little more ink with my Aqua Painter to highlight some of the edges, sprayed with Vanilla Shimmer & applied Pearls to the centre of the flowers.
I gathered the Crochet Trim, prior to adhering to the embossed piece of card. The coloured image was adhered over the top of the Trim with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also adhered a Pearl to the top of the Crochet Trim to finish it off a little.
To highlight the colour even more, I decided to match it up with Perfect Plum & added a layer of the colour prior to adhering to the Base Card - Very Vanilla.
Isn't the colour very deceiving. Bet you thought it was Perfect Plum Ink too..... I love the whole effect, especially since adding the piece of coloured cardstock.
Until next time, Happy Stampin'