Saturday 24 December 2011

Scrapbooking....

Yes, I've been scrapbooking yet again.....  This is the page I had in mind when I created the card a couple of days ago using the same DSP.  This is of my aunt & uncle, who are brother & sister.

I selected my colours from the Azaleas in the background.  When I scrapbook, I tend to go with the colours that are not so predominant.  I think it makes for a better page, although everyone is different & scraps differently.

I used the Textured Melon Mambo Cardstock for my base & layered a piece of DSP over the top.  For my photo, I made a border from a piece of Pink Pirouette Cardstock, which was adhered to a piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock.  The whole lot was adhered to the DSP.

I cut a piece of Certainily Celery Satin Ribbon & adhered to the top of the DSP, added a piece of  Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon over the top, punched 3 flowers with the Boho Blosso Punch, 2 in Pink Pirouette & 1 in Melon Mambo.  I adhered these to the top of the Whisper White Ribbon & added a Basic Pearl to the centre of each.

I handwrote my journalling onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Stampin' Write Journaler, adhered to a piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock, then to a piece of Certainily Celerly Cardstock &  to the layout at an angle.

I cut a doiley from the DSP Pack, adhered to the journalling, punched a flower using the Boho Blossom Punch, adhered a Basic Pearl in the centre & lastly adhered to the page.

I've just realised, No Stampin'!!!!!  A very easy page, but one I am quiet happy with!

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Nil
Ink - Nil
Cardstock - Melon Mambo - Textured, Whisper White, Pink Piriouette
DSP - Flirtatious Speciality
Ribbon - 5/8" Satin - Certainily Celery, 1/4" grosgrain - Whisper White
Punches - Boho Blossom
Accessories - Basic Pearls, Stampin' Write Journaler, Snail Adhesive


Until next time, Enjoy! 

2 comments:

Sharon F said...

What a lovely page Vicky! Love the colors and the die cut embellishment!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely page. I love how all the elements and colours come together to make the photo the focus of the page. Just beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...