Sunday 7 August 2011

SC 002/11..

The new week begins with a new sketch & stamp set.  This week it has been set by Kris and me being me, just about left it to the last moment, but after putting my thinking cap on, I come up with the following creation.  Doing these challenges is helping me to think outside the square so to speak & also to use colours hat I would not normally use, let alone together.  For more information & to link up with Mr Linky, head over to http://www.sunnychallenges.blogspot.com/

For my card, I stamped an image direct onto Sahara Sand using Blushing Bride Ink.  I cut a piece of Bravo Burgandy & mounted a smaller piece of DSP over the top.  I cut another piece in Blushing Bride, stamped an image onto it using Sahara Stone Ink, run it through the Bigshot using Embossing Folder - Square Lattice & adhered to card.  I then adhered the DSP piece over the top, as per the sketch.

I cut 2 ovals using my Bigshop & the Ovals Die, the bigger one in Bravo Burgandy, while the smaller piece is Sahara Sand.  I stamped the same image onto the Sahara Sand piece using Blushing Bride Ink & then the bird image over the top with Bravo Burgandy Ink.

I again stamped the bird image onto a scrap piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock, cut it out & mounted over the top of the first image using SU Dimensionals.

For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock, stamped an image using Blushing Bride Ink & then stamped the bird image over the top with Bravo Burgandy Ink.


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Friends 24-7
Ink - Bravo Burgandy, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgandy, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand
DSP - In Colours
Dies - Ovals
Embossing Folders - Square Lattice
Accessories - Snail Glue, SU Dimensionals, Bigshot

I do hope you will join us for this great challenge.  You have until next Saturday to do so.

Until next time, Enjoy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and one of my favourite colour combinations. Vicky the inside of your cards is always as beautiful as the outside.

inkedx2 said...

Very pretty! Simple but elegant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...