Saturday 6 August 2011

TSSC 185...

Trying to use up more of my stash of DSP & stamps before they retire.  This card is taken from the sketch of Mary-Jo's  I went with a stamp set that I really adore but have only used it probably once or twice - shame on me! 

Base Card - Very Vanilla - 5 7/8" x 4 1/8" or 15cm x 10.5cm
Layer 1 - DSP - 3 1/2" x 5" or 9cm x 13cm
Layer 2 - Basic Gray - 5 7/8" x 1 3/4" or 15cm x 4.5cm
Layer 3 - DSP - 5 7/8" x 1 5/8" or 15cm x 4cm
Layer 4 - Basic Gray - 1 3/4" x 4 1/8" or 4.5cm x 10.5cn
Layer 5 - DSP - 1 5/8" x 4 1/8" or 4cm x 10.5cm
Layer 6 - Baja Breeze - 3 1/8" x 2" or 8cm x 5cm
Layer 7 - Very Vanilla - 3" x 1 7/8" or 7.5cm x 4.5cm

I stamped my image onto the Very Vanilla Cardstock using Soft Suede Ink.  Inking my solid flower image with Soft Suede Ink, I stamped off twice & then stamped over the top of the first image - 2-Step Stamping!  I then randomly stamped 3 flower outlines in Soft Suede Ink around the card & stamped the solid images using Baja Breeze Ink.  I didn't stamp off with this ink as it is a very soft colour anyhow.  This piece was adhered to the Baja Breeze Cardstock.

Using my Scallop Trim Border Punch, I punched along the edge of the shorter piece of Basic Gray Cardstock & adhered the matching piece of DSP on top.  I then adhered the longer piece of DSP to the longer piece of Basic Gray Cardstock.

I adhered the larger piece of DSP to the base card followed by all the layers - as per the sketch.  I applied SU Dimensionals to the back of the Baja Breeze Cardstock before adhering to the card.  I placed Basic Pearls to the centre of the flowers as well as down the RHS of the card.

When I first looked at the sketch, I thought "No, too much, not doing it!"  But boy am I glad I did.  I think the card made up really lovely & soft, but you be the judge.


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Flower Fancy
Ink - Soft Suede, Baja Breeze
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
DSP - Elegant Soiree
Punches - Scallop Trim Border
Accessories - Snail Glue, SU Dimensionals, Basic Pearls

Until next time, Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Such a soft and pretty card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Vicky, I just love this. So soft and pretty.

Jill said...

Adorable card, love the colors.

MJ said...

Stunning colors. I love the soft feel. Just beautiful! The pearls really finish it off! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...