Sunday 14 August 2011

SC 003/11...

Okey Dokey, this will be our third week for the challenge over at Sunny Challenges & Creations and it is going far better than we ever hoped!  If you haven't seen the challenge, why not head over & see for yourself.

This week, I had to provide the sketch & stamp set to use.  I chose Fox & Friends!

Base Card - Pretty in Pink - 5 7/8" x 4 1/4" or 15cm x 10.5cm
Layer 1 - Rose Red - 4 1/4" x 1" or 10.5cm x 2.5cm
Layer 2 - DSP - 4" x 4 1/4" or 10cm x 10.5cm
Layer 3 - Rose Red - 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" or 9cm x 6.5cm
Layer 4 - Very Vanilla - 3 3/8" x 2 3/8" or 8.5cm x 6cm
Layer 5 - Rose Red - 1/2" x 4 1/4" or 1.5cm x 10.5cm
Layer 6 - Ribbon

I adhered Rose Red top & bottom to the DSP.  I stamped my images randomly & direct onto Very Vanilla Cardstock using Rose Red, Pretty in Pink & Soft Suede Inks.  I wanted to bring another colour into the card & browns always work well with pinks, although I didn't want a strong brown, so Soft Suede Ink worked perfectly.

 I adhered Very Vanilla to Rose Red & then to the DSP.  I adhered my Ribbon to the small piece of Rose Red, tied a knot & adhered to the DSP.  This whole piece was then applied to the Base Card.

I stamped my sentiment using Soft Suede Ink, punched it out using the Modern Label Punch, swiped Pretty in Pink around the edges & adhered to the card using SU Dimensionals.

All in all a lovely card for a baby girl!

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Fox & Friends, Short & Sweet
Ink - Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink
DSP - Sweet & Sour Speciality
Punches - Extra-Large Modern Label
Ribbon - 3/8" Taffeta - Very Vanilla
Accessories - Snail Glue, SU Dimensionals


If you would like to play along, then head over there & submit your creation.  It is very easy, just follow Mr Linky instructions.

Until next time, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a happy card, the DSP is gorgeous and I love the way you have used the images from this set. Just adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...