Thursday, 18 August 2011

SSC 216...

Another sketch, another card, except this time I have created a matching "something" to go with the card.  In fact, the matching "something" was created first & the card created to match the "something".  Sorry folks, the "something" won't be posted until tmw.

The card has been created from the sketch at Stamping 411  Such a great & very easy sketch.  Countless possibilities for this sketch.  Of course the best thing about the sketch from Stamping 411 - Measurements are provided -

Base Layer: 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2" - Pumpkin Pie

Layer 2: 5 x 3 3/4"  - Pear Pizzazz
Layer 3: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"  - DSP
Layers 4 & 5: 1/2" x 4 inch strip of paper - DSP
Layer 6:  Note, you can use ANY shape on this layer! - DSP

Inside Card
Inside Card -
As I had already cut a couple of different colours & shapes of flowers which I was going to use for the front of the card, I decided instead to use one for the inside.  I applied adhesive to the back of the flower, adhered to Whisper White Cardstock, then to a piece of Chocolate Chip before adhering to the Base Card.  I think it gives it a little bit of a different look.


Close up of Flowers

Card -
I cut my 3 strips using DSP & adhered them to Pear Pizzaz Cardstock as per the sketch.  Prior to this piece being run through the Bigshot using Embossing Folder Square Lattice, I stamped my sentiment direct onto the Pear Pizzazz using Pumpkin Pie Ink.  Again, with the Square Lattice.  Sorry folks, I can't seem to get enough of this folder.  It just seems to finish your cards off & gives them that little extra omph!

Pear Pizzazz was ahered to a piece of Chocolatecar Chip & then to the Base Card - Pumpkin Pie.  I took the liberty & added an extra layer to my card. 


Envelope
 For my shape, I cut 3 flowers from the DSP & adhered them to the card, using SU Dimensionals on the front 2, while adhering the background one direct to the card.  It sort of gave it a better look & more depth doing it this way.   Again, I strayed from the "master plan" a little in that I added 3 shapes, instead of the 1.

I applied a little glue to the middle of each flower with my glue pen & poured Dazzling Diamonds on top.  It immediately lifted the whole card.  Gotta love the Dazzling Diamonds.


Envelope -
I just cut a piece of DSP & adhered to the LHS side of the card.  Again, no stamps!

As I was taking the photo, I suddenly realised I hadn't used any stamps on this card, except for the greeting.  Just goes to show that you don't have a lot of products to create a really effective card!

Something else which crossed my mind - what a great way to use up the little bits of DSP that we can't bare to toss out!


Supplies -
Stamp Set - Well Scripted
Ink - Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock - Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz
DSP - Greenhouse Gala
Embossing Folder - Square Lattice
Accessories - 2-Way Glue Stick, Snail Adhesive, Bigshot, SU Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds

Until tmw, when I will post the "something".  Enjoy!


2 comments:

Gretchen Barron said...

Beautiful job, Vicky -- love the daisies! Thanks for playing along at Stampng 411! Blessings, Gretchen

stampingwithkris.com said...

Vicky, this is so stunning. I love your flowers - they look so perfect on this card. Just gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...