Friday 3 February 2012

At Last....

Where does the time go?????  I have realised it is nearly a week since my last post !!!!

For our card this arvo, we used the Techinque - Crayon Resist.  It doesn't matter how often I see this technique, I never seem to tire of it.

It is not my usual card, but I thought I would try & start using some of the colours that I don't usually go for & this being one of the combinations that just happened.  The tutorial may be found on this post.  The layout of the card has been around for sometime, but I wanted something easy to start off the new year!

Measurements -
Base Card - Tempting Turquoise Cardstock - 8 1/4" x 5 7/8" or 21cm x 15cm - Scored in middle & folded in half
Layer 1 - Early Expresso Cardstock - 5 7/8" x 2 3/4" or 7cm x 15cm
Layer 2 - Glossy Cardstock - 5 7/8" x 2 1/2" or 7cm x 6cm

Inside...
I randomly stamped my images onto the Glossy Cardstock using Staz-On Ink & allowed to dry. 

Using a White Wax Crayon, I randomly coloured around stamped areas that I wanted to keep white.  I then grabbed my sponge, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Yellow & Regal Rose Inks, & sponged all over the card until such time I had all the white coloured & I was happy with the result.  Once it was all dry, I buffed using a tissue. 
I adhered the Glossy Card to the piece of Early Expresso Cardstock & tied a piece of Ribbon around the end.  I stamped my greeting onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock in Early Expresso Ink, punched it out with my Decorative Label Punch.  As I wanted to add a small border around the white, I punched 2 pieces of Early Expresso Cardstock with the same punch & cut both these pieces in half, one crossway & the other downways.  I adhered 3 of the 4 pieces to the greeting piece.

I then adhered the top of the greeting to the back of the stamped flower piece prior to adhering to the card.  I applied 3 Rhinestones to the bottom of the card.


Supplies -
Stamp Set - 5th Avenue Floral, Sincere Salutations
Ink - Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Early Expresso, Regal Rose, Staz-On
Cardstock - Tempting Turquoise, Early Expresso, Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight
Punches - Decorative Label  
Ribbon - Organza - Whisper White
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Rhinestones, Sponge, Wax Crayons

Until next time, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Juliette Chapman said...

Vicky this is very pretty. Haven't thought to use crayon resist with 5th Avenue Floral - but am think I will have to case this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...