Sunday 19 August 2012

SC 054/12...

Where does the time go?  I couldn't believe it when I looked & found that the last time I had posted was last Sunday with the last challenge.  I have just scheduled a couple of posts for this week, so hopefully that will make up for lost time.  Things have been pretty hetic here ......

Anyhow, our challenge this week as been set by Kris & what a challenge.  The sketch is fairly open, but that a good thing when you have a technique like Magical Masking as the 2nd part of your challenge.

Magical Masking is a is technique where you are going to get your fingers very dirty - ink dirty ie!  It is fun & you will be either cursing or laughing while playing with this technique. 

To start with - grab some Glossy Card & Masking Tape.  Take lengths of the tape, place the sticky side down on the Ink Pad & rub.  Position the sticky, inky side onto your Glossy Card & rub.  Now, think leg waxing & quickly pull the tape off the card.......  Magic happens - the ink is transferred to the Glossy Card.....

Measurements -
Base Card - Night of Navy - 11 7/8" x 4 1/8" or 29cm x 10.5cm - Scored in the middle & folded in half
Layer 1 - Glossy Card - 5 3/8" x 4" or 14.5cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - Glossy Card - 1 1/2" x 4" or 4cm x 10cm

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Forever Young
Ink - Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Black Staz-On
Cardstock - Night of Navy, Glossy Card
Embossing Folder - Square Lattice
Punch - Scallop Edge Border
Ribbon - 1/4" Grosgrain - Night of Navy
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Big Shot
Non-SU - Masking Tape

For my technique, I used Night of Navy & Daffodil Delight Inks

The image was stamped straight onto the Glossy Card & over my technique using Black Staz-On Ink.

I embossed a piece of the same Glossy Card using my Big Shot & Square Lattice Embossing Folder, tied a piece of ribbon across the top, tied a bow, tucked the ends under & adhered to the top of the large piece of Glossy Card prior to adhering to the Base Card - Night of Navy using Snail Adhesive.

Without the technique, a very easy 5 minute card.  I am still making up my mind if I like this technique or not, but no doubt I will after I have played some more...... 


This is the great thing about challenges, it does get you out of your comfort zone & for that I must thank Kris.

Don't forget to head on over to Sunny Challenges & Creations to check out what great cards Kris, Gwen, Christine & CherylAnn have created.  It is amazing how differently we have all used this fun technique.

We would love it if you could join us for this fun challenge!

Until next time, Happy Stampin'

3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is such a sweet card, Vicky. I think this technique lends itself perfectly to creating a background for a solid, silhouette stamp. It certainly took me outside my comfort zone too!

Kris McIntosh said...

Yes Vicky, one of the things that I have loved about being part of Sunny Challenges is the way it gets me out of my comfort zone.

I love your card. The background looks great with your image. I also love your embossed glossy card.

Vicki Fraser said...

I love your backgroung Vicky, and yes - inky fingers! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...